Pipe Doctor Radius for a 90° bend
A LOWER COST, LESS DISRUPTIVE AND MORE EFFICIENT ALTERNATIVE TO EXCAVATION, FOR THE REPAIR OF A 90° BEND.
The system is available in 100mm and 150mm kits, and still offering the unique pre-measured resin bag, the kit contains everything you need to make a 500mm long repair on a bend.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What is the range of sizes for each Pipe Doctor Radius kit?
Using a longitudinal overlap of 25mm, the kit is available for the repair of 100mm and 150mm diameter pipes.
2. What is the maximum length of a Radius repair?
The Pipe Doctor Radius repair is 600mm in length
3. Will the Pipe Doctor Radius system resin cure in the presence of water?
The resin will cure in the presence of water and will cure while submerged in water.
4. What is the "working time" of the resin?
Two standard types of resin are available. Depending on the ambient temperature, the following working times apply as an approximate guide only:
- 2-3 hour cure resin (S Resin) has a working time of a maximum of 45 minutes
- 1-2 hour cure resin (W Resin) has a working time of a maximum of 30 minutes
More details can be found in the instructions included with the Pipe Doctor kit.
5. Does the pipe need to be cleaned prior to installing the Pipe Doctor Radius system?
Yes. In order to ensure a smooth bore, it is recommended that the pipe is jetted and cleared of any debris, solids and grease before a repair takes place.
It is recommended that inspection of the pipe is carried out prior and after cleaning in order to establish the condition of the sewer.
6. What training is available regarding the Pipe Doctor Radius system installation?
Fernco can provide training upon request. It is recommended that training takes place even if the contractor is a confident installer of the standard kits as there is a slightly different technique involved. Please contact us for more information.
7. What is the shelf life of the Pipe Doctor Kit?
The kit has a shelf life of 2 years