Bushes are used with couplings when connecting pipes of significantly different outside diameters.
Fernco can provide two types of bushes - fabricated or moulded.
Fabricated bushes were designed to be used with the Flexseal range of Standard Couplings, and these bushes are available in a range of sizes and thicknesses that allow for adaptation between all pipe materials and types.
These bushes are fabricated from an elastomeric strip. Our fabricated bushes are manufactured to suit specific site dimensions and are used when there is a significant difference in the outside diameter (greater than 12mm) of the pipes to be connected or if an adaptor coupling is not available.
Flexseal Bushes can be used when there is a reduction or increase in the pipe size required by the user. Utilising the Fernco Group's advanced production processes and techniques, we can manufacture thicker bushes with a profiled cross section which enhances the seal on rough pipe surfaces and provides a high performance seal on low pressure pipes due to an increase in the effective sealing pressure.
Moulded bushes are available in a range of sizes for similar applications to the fabricated bushes and are used when there is a significant difference in the outside diameter (greater than 12mm) of the pipes to be connected, or if an adaptor coupling is not available. Fernco can also supply moulded bushes in nitrile material.
Installation of Standard Coupling with Bush
- Can be manufactured to suit specific site and application requirements
- Provide a high performance seal on low-pressure pipes
- Versatility in application enables the bush to be used when a reduction or increase in pipe size is needed
- Manufactured to meet the UK WIS standard
- Bushes are used when outside diameters of the pipe are significantly different
- Multiple combinations of bushes are available (please contact Fernco for more information)
- Some Bushes can be used with Adaptor Couplings to increase the effective range
- Flexseal Couplings datasheet